Consider the following statistics:
- 12 million – Number of people unemployed.
- 4 million – Number of people unemployed for one year or more.
- 30% – chance of someone unemployed for five weeks finding a job.
- 10% – chance of someone unemployed for twenty-seven weeks finding a job.
- 25% – increase in unemployed people from December 2009 to December 2010.
- 30% – people, including college graduates, unemployed for more than a year.
Shouldn’t politicians be focused on ways to reduce unemployment?
Unemployment in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky climbed to 10% as of January 2011. January marks the twenty-third month with more than 100,000 people unemployed in the region. During the same period, more workers gave up looking and dropped out of the job market.
If you find yourself in financial difficulties because of a job loss, don’t blame yourself. A lot of people are in the same boat. Use the bankruptcy law to protect your assets and clear your credit report. Contact me for a free consultation.