Helping You Plan a Financially Secure Future
Most people would rather not think about what will happen when they pass away. However, a comprehensive estate plan is vital for anyone who wants to ensure their loved ones are protected and their wishes are carried out. By planning ahead, you can leave your heirs with more asset value and fewer complications. A thorough estate plan should include more than just a well-drafted will —there are several other tools you can use to meet your specific objectives. The Law Offices of Rick D. Banks is dedicated to providing clients with trusted counsel and sound advice for a variety of estate planning matters. With strategic insight, Attorney Banks will assist you with constructing a plan that will safeguard your financial assets and translate your wishes into legal directives with minimal tax impact.
Dedicated Counsel to Assist You With Navigating the Complexities of Estate Planning
The unexpected can happen at any time, regardless of your age or health condition. It’s crucial to have a comprehensive estate plan that will achieve your goals when you pass — or in the event that you become incapacitated. Whether you are married or single, with children or without, it’s important to take measures to help your beneficiaries avoid the lengthy and costly probate process. Failure to execute the necessary documents in advance can result in various legal and financial consequences you may not have intended.
Although a last will and testament is the foundation of every estate plan, it’s essential to understand that it is only the starting point. There are several other components that comprise a thorough estate plan, based on your specific objectives. The Law Offices of Rick D. Banks assists clients with drafting a wide variety of estate planning documents to serve their needs, including:
- Trusts — Depending on your goals, various types of trusts can be used to pass assets to beneficiaries. They can also be instrumental in helping to avoid the probate process and minimizing tax liability.
- Pour-over wills — A pour-over will works in connection with a trust to transfer assets to your chosen beneficiaries. They serve as a protective measure to ensure that any property or assets inadvertently left out of the trust will “pour” into it at the time of your passing.
- Living wills — Not to be confused with a last will and testament, a living will is a document that outlines your preferences for end-of-life medical care. This document can provide guidance to your healthcare power of attorney should you not be able to communicate your wishes.
- Powers of attorney — A power of attorney is a legal document in which you name someone to make decisions on your behalf if you become unable to do so. A healthcare power of attorney gives a person of your choice the authority to make medical decisions for you. A financial power of attorney designates an individual to handle your financial affairs.
- Beneficiary designations — A beneficiary designation is a method that directly distributes the assets in your bank account, life insurance policy, retirement account, or another financial account to a person of your choosing.
Your family and financial position are unique — and your estate plan should be well-thought out to reflect your circumstances. Attorney Banks will skillfully evaluate your situation and discuss your goals, options, and wishes to create a well-crafted estate plan that will provide you with solutions and peace of mind.
Contact an Experienced Fresno Estate Planning Attorney
Preparing your estate plan or administering the estate of a loved one can be emotional and overwhelming. It’s vital to have an estate planning attorney who can answer your questions, address your concerns, and implement solutions. The Law Offices of Rick D. Banks offers compassionate counsel and affordable representation for estate planning and administration matters in Fresno and the surrounding area. To schedule a consultation and learn how Attorney Banks can help, call (559) 272-8359 or fill out our online web form.
Fresno Estate Planning Attorney Disclaimer: The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
“Mr. Banks has been my attorney for the last ten years. He has assisted me with several very important issues and I have really appreciated his expertise, dedication and tenacity.” ~ Illawynne G.