FRESNO CONSTRUCTION ACCIDENT ATTORNEY – FREE, IMMEDIATE CONSULTATION
Injured on a Construction Site
Working in construction comes with a number of hazards: falls and falling objects, machine accidents, trench failures, and so on. That is why there are many safety regulations in place to protect construction workers. However, some companies commit oversights because they prioritize profits above all else, or simply out of sheer negligence – and workers pay the price.
As a construction worker, you have the right to expect a relatively safe, tightly regulated working environment. You also have the right to collect compensation if you sustain an injury while on the job. If you have suffered considerable losses due to a construction accident, you may be entitled to coverage for medical bills, lost earnings, and more.
At the Law Office of Rick D. Banks, we fight hard to protect the rights of workers throughout California. With more than 20 years of experience under our belts, our hard working Fresno personal injury attorneys can provide you with the high quality legal representation you need to get the coverage and the justice you deserve. For a free consultation, call us today at (559) 222-4891.
What Are the Most Common Construction Site Accidents?
A lot of activity goes on at a construction site. Without proper vigilance and adherence to safety regulations, things can go wrong in a matter of moments, and workers can get hurt or even killed as a result of an accident.
Those who manage construction sites must take all reasonable measures to prevent construction accidents, including:
- Falls – There are a lot of areas on a construction site where a simple slip and fall accident can turn deadly. Safety devices and warning signs must be provided at hazardous locations to prevent dangerous falls.
- Crane accidents – Cranes lift and move heavy cargo. A worker can easily get injured or killed by falling cargo or in a crane collapse incident.
- Scaffolding accident – Shoddily built scaffolding can collapse, causing workers to fall.
- Electrical accidents – Live wires and power lines pose serious electrocution hazards.
- Trench collapses – Worksite supervisors must make sure that trenches are properly braced and that there are adequate exit points in case of collapse.
Many construction site accidents are preventable through proper job and safety training, adherence to safety protocols, and distribution of adequate safety equipment. Also, contractors should scout the worksite for potential hazards before allowing work to begin, and halt all activity in unsafe weather conditions.
What Are the Rights of Construction Workers?
Injured construction workers have the following rights:
- To receive medical attention right away
- To seek coverage for their medical bills and a portion of their lost wages through workers’ compensation benefits
- To file a third-party claim against a party other than the employer, if applicable
Get in touch with an experienced work injury lawyer to learn more about your rights and legal options.
Contact Our Fresno Personal Injury Law Office Today
If you are seeking an attorney who will aggressively defend your interests, no matter how difficult the circumstances, contact the Law Office of Rick D. Banks today. You may call our office or submit an online contact form and one of our dedicated legal staff will get back to you shortly.